As I grow older, I am searching daily to do more things that really matter. I want to do things that I can be remembered for. I want to leave some sort of legacy that will signal to the world that I have been here. I have lived. I mattered to someone out there. I want to leave this earth one day knowing that I’ve made a difference.
How does one do that, I’m asking myself? How do I leave footsteps that others will want to follow one day?
When I find the answers, I will share them with you. In the meantime, let me share the following information I have come across in my search for leaving that lasting legacy.
I have found there are three “C’s” for finding sanity:
CLARITY: What is my life about? (focus on this) then keep moving to what matters more
• What matters most exists in the more distant future. Live in the moment with an eye on the future.
• Vision always centres on people, not projects, products or programmes.
• Clarity requires simplicity. Describe your hopes and dreams in once coherent actionable sentence.
COURAGE: Have the courage to say no to the “good stuff” to pursue “great stuff”. Courage requires clarity. Saying “no”, so you can say “yes” to something better, is a process.
CONSISTENCY: Consistently focus on what matters. It’s not always about doing less. It’s about doing more of what matters.
Living by priorities begins with determining:-
• VALUES – what matters to you?
• STRENGTHS – What activities give you energy?
• VISION – Where do you want to apply your strengths to achieve fulfilling results?
Getting a grip on time is contained in three words:
ELIMINATE: Stop unnecessary or low priority tasks
DELEGATE: Give tasks to others
ACCELERATE: Become more efficient
What activities give you energy?
Strengths Finder Assessment Test: