Within each of us there is a silence,
a silence as vast as the universe,
and when we experience the silence,
we remember who we are.
– Gunilla Norris
Relax, peace, silence, enjoy, rejuvenate, refresh, soothe, calm, quiet
Listen . . .
Listen to the wind . . .
Listen to the silence . . .
Listen to your heart . . .
(A Native American)
Be still and let the beauty of life fill your heart with appreciation. Anon.
The benefits of nature:
• Nature is perceived as sacred and inspiring
• A sense of oneness and unity is evoked in encounters with nature
• A sense of simplicity and feelings of peace and serenity is associated with nature
• When in nature we experience surrendering and a lessened need for control
• Our energetic, emotional, physical and spiritual needs are fulfilled
• A desire to reciprocate is evoked, a caring for and enrichment of nature
• Through connectedness and harmony, we may be inspired